Skip the game. That’s what Toledoans are doing as they choose to go without going to the polls on November 3rd in order to vote on the proposed Issue 2. Issue 2 would amend the Ohio Constitution so that public resources may not be used for religious purposes. This is a hot button topic, with proponents saying it’s about protecting religious freedom and opponents saying it would allow discrimination against gay people and others. Whatever your stance on Issue 2, there are plenty of reasons why you should toledo skip the game and head to the polls instead. Here are five of them:
There are Plenty of Things to Do in Toledo
If you’re looking for a weekend getaway with plenty to do, look no further than Toledo, Ohio. This historic city has something for everyone – from world-renowned art museums and stunning gardens to lively nightlife and family-friendly attractions. Here are just some of the reasons why you should toledo skip the game and pack your bags for Toledo:
1. The Historic Art Museums of Toledo: From the Cleveland Museum of Art to the University of Toledo Museum of Art, there are several incredible art museums in Toledo worth checking out. With concentrations on European and American art from the 17th century onwards, these institutions are sure to please any art lover.
2. The Botanical Gardens of Eden Park: Spanning over 230 acres and featuring more than 12 million plants, the Botanical Gardens of Eden Park are a must-see in Toledo. Besides beautiful gardens, this park also contains an award-winning zoo, a reservoir and miles of trails for hiking and biking.
3. Downtown Toledo’s Historic District: With its impressive architecture dating back to the 1800s, Downtown Toledo is a sightseeing destination not to be missed. Head to Main Street for delicious food options, shops galore and charming boutiques, or explore East Market Street for antiques stores and unique galleries. Plus, there’s always something happening in Downtown Toledo – from concerts at Riverfront Stadium to festivals like Sidewalk Arts Spring Festival!
4. The Great Lakes State Forest: Nestled among the rolling hills of Northwest Ohio, the Great Lakes State Forest is a perfect place to hike, bike, birdwatch and enjoy nature. With over 140 miles of trails and plenty of scenic spots to stop for a picnic, this forest is perfect for any outdoor enthusiast.
5. The Toledo Zoo: If you’re looking for a family-friendly activity, look no further than the Toledo Zoo. This iconic zoo offers visitors everything from elephant rides to petting zoo animals. Plus, there’s always something new happening at the zoo – from new exhibits to special events like Zoolights.
There Are Plenty of Affordable Options When It Comes To Attractions
Toledo, OH is a beautiful city with plenty of attractions to keep visitors busy for days. No matter what your budget is, you can find an attraction that’s just right for you. Here are five affordable options that should be on your list:
1. The Toledo Museum of Art
The Toledo Museum of Art is one of the largest museums in Ohio and has a wide variety of exhibits to explore. Admission is free for all visitors on Wednesdays, and it’s open from 10 am-5 pm every day except Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
2. The Lucas County Children’s Zoo
If you’re looking for something fun and educational, the Lucas County Children’s Zoo should be at the top of your list. The zoo features more than 2,000 animals from around the world and is perfect for families with kids who love animals. It’s open from 9 am-5 pm daily except on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
3. The Glass House
The Glass House is a beautiful Victorian home that was built in 1878. It’s now a museum open to the public Monday through Saturday from 10am-4pm and Sunday 1pm-4pm. Admission is $8 for adults, $4 for seniors (65+) and children (6-17), and children 5 and under are free when accompanied by an adult whose ticket was purchased at the same time as their parents’.
4. The Toledo Institute of Art
If you’re interested in art history, the Toledo Institute of Art is a must-see. The museum has a wide variety of exhibits from classical to contemporary artwork, and admission is free for all visitors on Tuesdays. It’s open from 10am-5pm every day except Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
5. The National Museum of the United States Air Force
The National Museum of the United States Air Force is located at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and features exhibits on military aircraft and history. Admission is $16 for adults, $12 for seniors (65+) and children (6-17), and children 5 and under are free when accompanied by an adult whose ticket was purchased at the same time as their parents’.
The Weather is Amazing in Toledo
If you’re looking for a great place to spend your weekend, Toledo is definitely the option for you! The weather is amazing right now, and there are plenty of things to do in this city. Here are some reasons why you should skip the game and head on down to Toledo instead:
The Toledo Zoo is a must-see during your visit. It’s home to over 2,000 animals from all over the world, and it’s absolutely gorgeous! If wildlife isn’t your thing, the zoo has a ton of different exhibits that are sure to interest you.
If you’re looking for some good food, don’t miss out on Betty’s Soul Food Café. This restaurant has been serving up delicious southern cuisine since 1955, and it’ll definitely leave a mark in your memory.
Other great places to visit while in town include The University of Toledo campus, Memorial Hospital (a historic hospital that’s now open as a museum), and Lucas County Park. There’s so much to see and do in Toledo that there’s no reason not to take advantage of the amazing weather and head down for some fun!
There Are Plenty of Activities to Keep You Occupied
1. Toledo is home to plenty of attractions that will keep you busy whether you’re looking for museums, parks, or galleries.
2. There are also plenty of things to do inside the city limits – from visiting local breweries and wineries to shopping at locally-owned businesses.
3. Finally, the surrounding area has a wide variety of activities waiting for you, including hiking trails, fishing spots, and golf courses.
If you’re looking for a fun and unique weekend getaway, look no further than Toledo. Here are five reasons why you should skip the game this Saturday and head to Toledo instead: 1. The city of Toledo is home to some of the most interesting architecture in Ohio. From the beautiful neoclassical architecture found in downtown Toledo to the intricate detail found on many of the churches in town, there is something for everyone to enjoy. 2. There are plenty of activities available within walking distance of any location in Toledo, making it easy to spend all day without having to worry about getting too far from where you’re staying. Whether you want to explore some nearby historical sites or take a walk through one of the charming neighborhoods, there’s sure to be something for you to do on any given day. 3. The weather in Toledo can be unpredictable at best, but that just makes it all the more exciting when it does start raining or snowing outside! Even if your plans include doing nothing but flipping through channels all day long, there’s always something fun waiting for you inside when bad weather hits – just stay dry! 4. Finally, if sports aren’t your thing (or if they just don’t interest you as much as they used to), there are still plenty of things happening throughout the city that will make your Friday night disappear completely! Concerts at local theaters and restaurants alike always have a lively crowd, while going out on strolls around town or checking out one of the numerous art galleries also offer plenty entertainment without feeling too guilty afterward (most museums close at 7pm anyway!).